Masboy1980 ®   06-Jan-2018 23:30

Gard Guidance to Masters


Year: 2006
Language: english
Author: Gard P&I Club
Genre: Handbook
Format: PDF
Quality: eBook
Pages count: 334
Description: Part 1 describes the purpose and structure of this Guidance to Masters.
In addition, the various loss prevention activities of Gard are also explained. In
an attempt to shed some light on the complex distinctions between P&I and Hull
and Machinery, a brief explanation is provided. For further details, please refer
to the more voluminous Gard Handbook on P&I Insurance.
Part 2 constitutes the heart of this Guidance to Masters and focuses on loss
prevention in the widest possible sense, taking into account the experience and
expertise, not only of the entire editorial committee, but that of all of Gard
and the writer’s own experience. The sections were arranged in the sequence
of the workflow: from taking over command or commencing service; care
for proper crewing; providing a safe and secure environment; maintaining a
technically fit vessel, including cargo holds and gear; describing the properties
of selected cargoes; preparing for the voyage, including voyage management and
watchkeeping, until something occurs which may affect the performance of the
voyage – the latter of which will hopefully never happen.
And finally, Part 3 provides general as well as specific incident response
advice, in alphabetical order, in respect of different scenarios. Again, Part 3 of
the Gard Guidance to Masters is not intended to interfere with any Emergency
Contingency Plan as provided by the Company or specific response plan as
required by national or international authorities. It shall serve as a quick
indicator for what needs to be done and to be collected from an insurance point
of view, to defend or reduce a claim made against the vessel and the Company.

Contents

See screenshots, please

Screenshots

Gard Guidance to Masters.pdf

Download [1 KB]

Thank U
Reply
Arcan   07-Jan-2018 09:07
Is it only on my computer - instead of screenshots I see only white sheets with watermark?
0
Reply
refresh list

Similar releases

Guidance to Masters - Claes Isacson [2006, PDF]
Bills of Lading, A selection of articles previously published by Gard AS - Gard P&I [2011, PDF]
Bunker Quality Disputes Part 1 & 2 : Claims Guides - The West of England P&I Club [201x, PDF]
Marine Claims - Christof Luddeke [1996, DjVu]
An Introduction to P&I Insurance and Loss Prevention - North P&I Club [2018, PDF]
Loss Prevention Guidances - Britannia P&I Club [2025, PDF]
Loss Prevention Guidances - Britannia P&I Club [2025, PDF]
Gard Guidance on Freight Containers - Gard AS [2016, PDF]
Development and Testing of Navigation Algorithms for Autonomous Underwater Vehicles - Francesco Fane...
Gard Guidance on Maritime Claims - Gard P&I Club [2013, PDF]
LOAD MORE
  • Reply

The time now is: Today 16:13

All times are GMT + 3 Hours